Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update

I guess I've really embraced my bad blogger-ness...it's been almost 2 months since I've posted anything. I wish I could say it was because I was too busy, but that's not the reason. I should be ashamed of myself...at the very least, I'm not keeping up with recording the happenings of my family and at the most, I'm being a very bad daughter-in-law to family that can't be here to see the kids...the least I could do is update them on what the kids are doing!! Sheesh!

So here's an update:

Shannon finished the 3rd grade yesterday, a little wiser and more grown up than 9 months ago. She had her first real crush this year, read 565,817 words in AR, conquered multiplication of two digit numbers, and long division with remainders, and was introduced to the ugly, ugly world of fractions. I'm trying really hard not to pass on my loathing of all things math related to my child. I think it's working, because math is still her favorite subject. But the pain is coming my dear child, the pain starts with fractions and just gets worse after that.

Ben turned 4, another reminder of my horrible blogging behavior that I didn't even document my son's 4 year old birthday! Actually, it's more of a reminder that I'm just not that into birthdays. Anyway, he turned 4. Yay. Poor child doesn't even get a cake...


He really loves donuts though...a krispy kreme piece of "cake" was just fine with him.

In the interest of keepin' it real...year 3 was a real trial for us with our spunky {to put it nicely} Ben...this boy would try to argue the stars out of the sky if we let him. We had/have a lot of issues to work out with obeying and respecting authority. That's part of why blogging is a difficult thing for me at the moment. It's not easy to post pics of my cute little boy and the cute little things he's doing when he is royal stinker {to put it nicely} 95% of the time. Two months into age four, things are looking up though.

Oh, what else have we done? We picked peaches at The Schnepff Farm Peach Festival. This is the first year we went, and except for the searing heat, {99 in May?!?} it was really fun.






The kids and I saw Up over the weekend, yet another work of genius from the Pixar people. It was a beautiful movie; I highly recommend it. Which reminds me, JT and I saw Star Trek a couple of weeks ago. Loved It!! Wouldn't consider myself a Trekkie at all, it was just a really good movie...I highly recommend.

The kids and I have been spending a lot of time together without daddy lately. He's had his nose in a book for weeks now, and is currently in Washington D.C. taking a prep course for this huge Project Management Exam he's taking next Tuesday. We try to give him a little quiet time at the house on the weekends for him to study. I can't wait til Tuesday is over, and we get JT back.

Ha! But then, the next Monday, the kids and I are off to San Clemente again this year with my parents. I'm really looking forward to some beach time and some San Diego time too.

We'll take a break from the heat and go up to Show Low for a bit too. I finally get to see the results of the house I've been helping to design (picking out materials and things) for JT's aunt and uncle. I get to do some decorating for her too while we're up there...sounds like a perfect get away to me...maybe a getaway to Prescott to...hmm, you up for that Nana?? : )

I'm really looking forward to summer...

4 comments:

Erin said...

Love the update on you guys. I love Ben's cake...my favorite too! I hope it's a good summer for you.

Krista said...

Richard Trujillo. My first crush in 2nd grade. I'll never forget & she won't forget her crush either! And, now that you've blogged about it, you'll always remember too! Keep those posts coming. I want to see some pictures from San Clemente, too!

Don Hendricks said...

Hey daughter, thanks for the update even though we see you regularly,

Come see the new furniture that just got delivered, and the lamp and the chandelier, I am ready to get this room finished with pics on the wall and chochskis on the furniture.

Dad

Rachel Olimb said...

Thanks for the update on how you guys are doing! So nice to hear that someone else hates fractions :). I can't believe it's already been a year since your San Clemente trip, wow!