JT, the kids, and I all went on what has become almost our weekly excursion to Yogurberry at the San Tan Village Marketplace tonight. I cannot express in words how much I love Yogurberry! It is the complete ideal of what an eating establishment should be: good design and good food.
Case in point: Customers get to sit in the Phillippe Starck Ghost Chair.
I love this chair! It is the perfect mix of modern materials pared with the iconic shape of the Louis XVI chair...Genius! If this chair weren't $410 at the nearest DWR, it would be sooo mine.
Here is the counter. I love, love, love the lighting, and beneath the counter are these great pearlescent pink 1" glass tiles. The pink walls are awesome, the whole thing just glows pink from the outside. Totally girly, I know, but still very cool.
And the piece de resistance...a cup full of frozen yogurt and strawberry goodness. Now this frozen yogurt isn't like Costco or TCBY (is that even around anymore?) frozen yogurt. It's tart and sweet, but not too sweet, and just plain awesome!
Con: Okay, it's not cheap. 1 large (shown in pic, it's really big though, about 12oz.) is $7.50 with one topping and the 2 smalls for the kids cost us about $13.00 altogether. I have to argue that it is so worth it. And the nutritionals rock my socks at only 70 cal. and 0g fat for the small!
But who can argue with this:
(okay, it's not the most convincing of pictures, Ben's smile does look a bit coerced, but they love it!)
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Ode to Yogurberry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So that's what those chairs look like! I remember you mentioning them at the breakfast, they are really cool. Looks like a fun family outing! I'm convinced we need to go there! Thanks, Melissa.
I love our new mall & I'm still wanting to try Yogurberry! That strawberry yogurt looked pretty amazing! Give us a call sometime on one of your weekly outings & we'll join you!
Post a Comment