Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brian Goes to Broadway

My dear brother, Brian, flew the coop on Tuesday and is off to trip the light fantastic on the Great White Way (he really doesn't dance, it just sounds cool). Yes, my wording is a bit over dramatic, but such an exciting endeavor calls for a few flowery words.

I'm very proud of Brian and wish him much luck and success as he goes to fulfill his dream of being an actor, or at least, to get paid doing what he loves to do. He is so talented in so many ways. I know he'll go far wherever life leads him...

I'll never forget seeing him play Harry McAfee in "Bye,Bye Birdie" when he was in high school. That was the moment I knew he had that "it-factor," that special something that makes people just want to watch and enjoy the performance, soaking up all of the character magic occurring on stage. It's sad that I really haven't seen anything he's done since then. Him being down at UofA and us with the kids and all that entails, there never really seemed to be enough time...*sigh* as I add that my list of regrets. But the lure of New York is vastly greater than that of Tucson so I guarantee, come what may, I'll be sitting in the theater of your first big show awaiting your entrance!!

Bravo, Brian!

1 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Wow, that's so cool! If you need someone to accompany you to NYC just let me know :).