Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Viva la Coldplay

I've been listening to the new Coldplay album all day today. My verdict: love, love, love it! It's a bit different from their previous albums, but it's a good different. My favorite songs so far are the title track "Viva la Vida" and "Yes." This album seems like it's one of those I'll be listening to over and over again...always finding something new to love about it. There are a lot of biblical allusions and cryptic metaphors to unravel...like a great novel or art film this album seems filled with symbolism..and even if it isn't, it's fun to listen to as if it is! : )


2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Just downloaded it today!! Haven't had a chance to listen to it much, but I don't expect anything less than greatness. LOVE Coldplay!

Krista said...

We're heading home from Cali. . . it seems like everywhere we went Coldplay was playing this weekend. What a beautiful combo--Coldplay and the beach! Anyways, when I get home I'm so excited to download it!

Great blog title, too!!!