Monday, December 29, 2008

Whirlwind Christmas Tour 2008

A breakdown of the stops on our Christmas tour:

Christmas Eve: Attended EVBC Christmas Eve service in the early afternoon, went to dinner at Gramma and Grampa Hendricks' house, attended another Christmas eve service at Sun Lakes Community Church, then back to their house to open presents.


Kiddos in the new Christmas Eve Jammies


Christmas Day: Got up early, opened a few family gifts, ate our traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast, picked up the rental car, loaded it up, and headed up the hill to Payson to spend Christmas with Great Gramma B and Great Grampa Ray and various other cousins and family. It rained all day. It was beautiful. We almost got trapped by the rising river at the entrance to their home, so we had to leave before dinner. Tragically then, we ate Christmas Dinner at Denny's (the only thing that was open)...boo.

We spent that night in a hotel. I forgot to pack my toothbrush, contact lens solution, and contact storage case. JT had to go to two different gas stations in the freezing rain to find what I needed. He's so sweet.

Day After Christmas: Drove up the 87 to Clint's Well where we saw a lot of snow...We were totally under-dressed to play in that much snow, so we had to be content to just look. It was amazingly beautiful to see the pines draped with snow, their branches sagging under the weight of it.


Live ADOT image
It was 27 degrees...I'm such a cold weenie that there was no way I was going to even get out of the car to snap a pic, so this will have to do...


We drove back down the 260 to Prescott to have Christmas with Nana Hinton and Grandpa Tim. Had turkey and all the trimmings and opened gifts. We got home at around 11:30 Christmas night.

Day after the day after Christmas: Had a box of presents on the porch from Grandpa Trottier...more presents to open.

The kids are: s.p.o.i.l.e.d. and I am: e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d.

We are blessed to have so much family nearby, but I think next year we are staying home. : )


2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Whoa! I was tired just reading all that you did in such a short amount of time, I can't imagine actually doing it. That's crazy about all that rain, I would have loved to have seen that. You guys definitely made some memories!

Unknown said...

We had a great time with you, Nana Hinton & Grandpa Tim.