Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wow, time to dust off this old blog o' mine. I always resolve to post more, but never seem to find the motivation...

But my beautiful girl turned 9 this week, so I've found some resolve in wanting to record the occasion. Instead of a party this year, we decided to just spend the day together as a family. Shannon had a half-day at school, so it worked out perfectly. We started out the day with Krispy Kremes for her class.



After that, we had a little mommy/daughter shopping time. Then we picked up our boys and headed to the movies. We all enjoyed the movie Bolt (Great movie! Hilarious and clever), feasted on really bad mall food, and finished off the day at Yogurberry. The perfect end to a really great day.



I'm so proud of my Shannon. She's a witty, smart, kooky, wonderful, imaginative, loving, energetic, enthusiastic, precocious girl. We are truly blessed. At 9 years, we're half-way to adulthood (that's a very scary thought...man, time goes so quickly) We've got only 9 more years to mess her up shape her into a fine, upstanding young adult. I pray earnestly for God's help...I think the next 9 years with her are going to be quite the adventure!

Love you, Shannon Grace.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Happy birthday, Shannon! I will be praying for you, Melissa! Ages 9-18 sound kinda scary to me! You'll have to share all your parenting wisdom for all of us flailing through the toddler phase . . . and I'd love to hear more about what is in her "things I can't know until I grow up" notebook (I think that was the title?!)!

Rachel Olimb said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon! You're a beautiful girl!

I agree, you need to share some kid wisdom with us! You're all experienced and wise! Come on :).

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! You are such a great girl with such a beautiful smile! It sounds like you had a fun birthday.