Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Too busy to Blog!

I feel I've been swamped lately with all I have to do! Between real work and volunteer work and school work (okay, checking school work) and house work, I should not be sitting here at the computer doing this. I have stacks of dishes sitting next to my sink right now that I guess will just have to continue to sit there until I get done with this!

This week: JT and I went on our first date on April 22, 1995. It was our Senior Prom, and for dinner he took me to Mary Elaine's at the Phoenician, which at the time was the fanciest, snootiest ( in the most positive sense), most expensive restaurant in town. This week we learned that it is closing it doors forever on Saturday. I am soooo sad about this! This restaurant has always been a special place for us. I think I started to fall in love with my wonderful husband that very night sitting at our candlelit table, overlooking the valley below.

BUT..... JT got reservations for us for Wednesday night! We are going to go eat one last romantic meal (and spend way too much money) at our beloved Mary Elaine's. We'll celebrate our anniversary a couple of weeks early this year, but it'll be worth it. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh that's so sad! You'll definitely have to take some pictures on Wednesday to remember this special place for you two.

Krista said...

Have a great anniversary date at Mary Elaine's! How sad that they're closing! I think you should take pictures tonight and post a "then & now" shot of the two of you at Mary Elaine's!