Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Last Day of Spring

What a glorious day!

I truly savored this last day of spring. The high was 81 today. We turned off the AC and opened the windows for what I'm sure is the last time until October. I hope I'm wrong, but it's May and the high is only forecasted to go up...I'm just trying to be realistic.

JT even took the day off because he couldn't bear to sit in his office all day. He was hoping it was going to rain so he could sip brandy and smoke his cigars out on the patio...no brandy sipping/cigar smoking for him. (And yes, if you're visualizing him in a smoking jacket in his wingback chair, that's totally him!)

We did take a walk on our little Queen Creek (the literal creek) trail. Every time we walk on it we say, "Why don't we do this more often...it's a nature trail right out our front door!" and yet we haven't walked it since probably this time last year.

And since it is almost that time...the time when it's so hot you just want to cry...

Here are my favorite things about summer:

Costco has the best strawberries...we got a box today. Every single berry is sweet and wonderful!










I wear these all year round so I can't really claim them as favorites just for summer. Old Navy really did good this year with the 'flops...Love these!












Wish I had smell-a-vision. I love the coconut/tropical islandy smell of suntan lotion.




Concerts! Sendin' out an SOS cuz we're gonna see The Police on May 24th! I know I am totally dating myself with this comment, but the first summer concert that JT and I went to was at Cricket (then Desert Sky) Pavilion. We went to see Toad the Wet Sprocket and The Cranberries. I am still so totally a fan of Toad...Yes, I've admitted it. Toad Rocks! I am so old.



Time to Organize! This one is really daunting for me this year, because it still feels like we just moved in and it's been over a year-and-a-half. My closet is priority number one!








And because I can't go two posts without mentioning my favorite place and because you can't do summer without something cool to eat..It's Yogurberry Time!

7 comments:

Krista said...

I LOVE Toad, too!!!!! Fun post!!

What brand is the sun care stuff?

Erin said...

I love your blog. You will have to tell JT that whenever he feels like smoking a cigar to call Jake up! Second we will have to go to Yourgberry together. I hear you talk so much about it I think I need to try it!

Rachel Olimb said...

Jeremy loves the cigars too, so count him in. Also, I was just reading your post over again and noticed your shout out to Emeril :).

Melissa said...

Rach,
If I gave a shout out to Emeril it was an accident. : ) What did I say?

Melissa said...

Erin, Thanks for reading! I'd love to win some converts to yogurberry...let's go!

Melissa said...

Krista, you love toad too! I don't feel so bad afterall. We've got to trade music faves sometime...I think we have similar tastes.

Rachel Olimb said...

Well, if you don't watch Emeril, then maybe he is not the originator of "smell-a-vision". I just hadn't heard anyone but him use that phrase. Love this post by the way!