Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Adventures in Sand Crab Wrangling

Shannon honed her skills as a sand crab hunter at the beach. She and our friend Kenneth spent hours digging up the poor, unsuspecting creatures only to imprison them in a hard plastic bucket. They did free them when it was time to go, but I'm sure it was a harrowing ordeal for the poor sea roaches, as I like to call them.


It's hard to make out, but the little lump in the middle of her hand is one of the little critters.


The waves kept coming in on their hunting grounds!


The site of their sand crab excavations.
I think their final count was 50. She had a great time! Now that I look at it, this picture also explains the weird sunburn she got on the sides of her calves and ankles...it all makes sense now. : )


3 comments:

Erin said...

Sea Roaches, that's funny. I can't believe she can sit like she did in that last photo. Very flexible!

Rachel Olimb said...

Don't those things bite? That's a pretty brave activity :).

Don Hendricks said...

We love the pics and you site.

Dad and Mom