It's here. Copaxone is in my refrigerator. It's the DMD (disease modifying drug) that I decided to take for my multiple sclerosis. So, I guess injecting myself will become just another part of my day, like brushing my teeth or getting dressed. Um, ok maybe in a little while I'll be able to think of it like that, but right now I hate it. I want it out of my house.
I've read everything I can read on this medication: how to inject, what it feels like, stuff to do to prevent injection reactions, etc. Maybe I could teach the nurse a thing or two about injection technique when she comes tomorrow. : ) Bottom line is, no matter how much I read or learn about the drug, I have to learn to live with it. My biggest fear now is that it won't work, and I'll have to try something else. Right now, this is my best option, and I pray that it is effective at keeping this disease controllable for a long time.
Psalm 103: 1-4
Bless the Lord, O my soul
And all that is within me,
Bless His Holy Name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all [my] iniquity,
who heals all [my] diseases,
who redeems [my] life from the pit,
who crowns [me] with steadfast love and mercy.
5 comments:
I pray that the drugs work too and keep the effects of MS away for a long, long time. I will be praying for you tomorrow. I have found much rest in Psalm 103 over the last day. How great our God is.
P.S. I just love your new chair..CRM. He is the best!
Praying for you, Melissa. I really hope this drug is the answer!
We're praying this drug will work as well!! So thankful for a God who promises us peace in the midst of our circumstances! We'll be praying you feel that peace as you go through this next step!
You are in our thoughts and prayers, Melissa!
I hope you can't get enough of the "We'll be praying for you" comments, because here's another one.
Post a Comment