Monday, April 28, 2008

April is a big month for us!

On April 13th, JT, Shannon, and I took a day trip to Kartchner Caverns in Benson, AZ. It was a really cool experience to go deep down in the ground and see amazing "living" rock formations. They don't let you take pictures in the cave which is a bummer, but anyone interested can visit their website. The other bummer is that children under 7 are not allowed to tour the cave. I think it might be kinda scary for little ones anyway, and since it is a live cave, you're not allowed to touch anything...and curious little hands are hard to control.

Shannon was the only child there so the guide gave her the special privilege of turning on the lights as we went through the cave. In the beginning, you go through a series of doors as you descend deeper toward the entrance. As you go through these stone hallways, they essentially delouse you by spraying you with misters as to ensure that your lint and other "body debris" stays with you and not the cave...kinda weird, but whatever.



On April 17th, JT and I marked 9 years of wedded bliss. We actually celebrated a couple of weeks early this year, but that was documented in a previous post. On the night of our anniversary, we went to In-and-Out Burger with the kids...so romantic. I love my husband! He is the love of my life and my best friend. You can't ask for a better combination than that! He is such a wonderful soul...He helps me laugh at myself and life when I'd rather be upset. He expands my perspective by opening my eyes to ideas I've never thought about. He makes me a better person and follower of Christ through his example, understanding, and leadership. I am so looking forward to many, many more years with my wonderful man!

On April 19th, Benjamin turned 3! He is such a big boy now. I'm quite relieved though that we seem to be done with the terrible two's. There were several months there where I didn't think I was gonna make it! Terrible just doesn't seem quite the right word at times...tumultuous, terrifying, and traumatic come to mind! But, it is a phase, and now he has morphed into a charming, sweet little boy. Happy Birthday Benjamin! We celebrated at Joe's Farm Grill and then Yogurberry for dessert.


Mom, JT, and Dad



Big Boy Ben



Ben, Shannon, and mom at our favorite dessert destination

In between all that, my dad went into the hospital on the 16th. He had what he's calling "an almost heart attack." Basically, he had a couple of blocked arteries. He is on new medication and is watching better what he eats. I hope that he does, because I'd like to have my dad around for a long, long time.

Shannon had her second grade music concert on the 22nd. Oh my, she is growing up! Time goes by so quickly when measured against your children.








April 22nd is also special because it was the night of our first date way back in 1995. Unfortunately the date has since then been taken over by the crazy Earth Day people, which kinda sucks. Don't they know that date is for us!

More to come...I've had so much to blog about but so little time!

2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Wow, such a busy month for your family! No bon bons and soap operas for you :)!

Krista said...

April certainly was a big month for your fam! Loved seeing the updated pics of you guys! Happy 3rd Birthday, Ben! What a sweet boy!