Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Idol Let Down

Okay, I broke down and watched American Idol for the first time this season tonight. I don't think this was a good night for anyone...if it was, then I haven't I've missed much.

Castro: What the...??? What if they mated?: Minnie Driver + Punky Brewster = Jason Castro.
Vocally, so-so.

David Cook: His second song was good. First song, boring, but I predict that he'll win.

Brooke: Very pretty. Her first song was too low for her...2nd song was better. Shannon wanted to vote for her, so we did. Why? "Because she's pretty...she looks like Barbie!" Exactly...If she looked like a plain Jane perhaps she would've been gone a long time ago??

David Archa-something: Is he like twelve??

Syesha: (sp?) boring

I love Simon though..He is spot on every time! I appreciate his honesty...I just wish he was a little more tactful.

It's cool that a lot of them play an instrument though...It's makes them seem more musician-y to me. I've always wanted to be able to do that, but I play the flute so, um, I don't think singing and playing the flute would work...but apparently you can beat box and play the flute:



Maybe I should give Idol the benefit of the doubt and tune in next week?? Did I just happen to watch on the worst night ever?? : )

4 comments:

Krista said...

This post made me smile. . .give it another week. . . I mean, you've got to remember the theme was Neil Diamond?! Not the most exciting, current songbook to choose from. (No offense N.D. fans. He was a lengend. . .like 25 years ago.)

Krista said...

Oops! I do know how to spell legend!

Ashley said...

Ok, that flute guy is pretty good. I didn't know you can beatbox and play flute at the same time either!! I of course think it's the show in general...not going to get much better. And why do they choose people like Neil Diamond and Dolly to sing after?!?!

Noelle said...

I second what Krista said...give it another week...Idol is great (aside from the "mentors"...which I totally agree w/ Ashley's comment no that). The 2 David's really are super talented...they've done some really cool things with songs in the past weeks!