Monday, April 28, 2008

MS sucks

Keepin' it real, people. This blog is titled ...this life...because I wanted to write it to document the good, the bad, and the ugly about life. Keeping in mind that this life is a "momentary affliction" in light of eternity. I do need to remind myself to "consider it pure joy when [faced] with various trials," but that's a hard thing to do.

I've had a relapse of symptoms with my MS. It started a little more than a week ago. Basically, parts of the lower half of my body feel like when you've just had a cavity filled and the novacaine is beginning to wear off . I can feel things, but at the same time, I can't. It's a very strange and disconcerting feeling. I will see my neurologist tomorrow and see where we go from here. We'll also compare my two most recent MRI slides to see if there is any significant change.

I joined a gym a couple of months ago. Working out helps me to be able to feel like I'm doing something to strengthen my body against muscle weakness and fatigue. I am also recommitting to my MS diet. I had been pretty disciplined with it, but the more time that went by with no symptoms the easier it got to eat really bad stuff...no more In-and-Out for me! ; )

I do really need to keep this in perspective though. God has been very merciful to me. Up to this point, now 8 years into this adventure, I have had very little symptom activity, and even less symptom severity. Numbness is nothing compared to what some go through with this disease..and as my fave neuro doc always says....I could get hit by a bus tomorrow...that is strangely comforting to me... : )

1 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Melissa. Please keep us posted on your progress and what your dr. has to say. Praying for you...